16 / Canter₹ 1,500/Person
Time:- Morning & Evening (5 hours)
Dhikala Canter Safari
Tariff / Price
|Price (Indian)||Price (Foreigner)|
|₹ 1,500/Person* Onwards ( ONE Canter has 16 Seats )||₹ 3,000/Person* Onwards ( ONE Canter has 16 Seats )|
|Zones:- Dhikala||Zones:- Dhikala|
|Timings:- Morning 5:30 AM - 9:30 AM | Evening 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM||Timings:- Morning 5:30 AM - 9:30 AM | Evening 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
Welcome to Dhikala Canter Safari Booking to Corbett National Park. Visitors can book online Canter Safari for Dhikala zone of Corbett National park. All the procedures of Canter Safari Booking at Corbett are managed by the forest officials as per the guidelines of India’s forest department. Please note that we cannot influence the safari zone, safari driver and the naturalist guide as it is not in our hand. It is solely decided by the forest officials. Though all the zones have healthy population of tigers and wildlife sightings are reported more or less same. These all aspects are managed by the automated computerized system to ensure the equal distribution of safari vehicles in respective zones.
The Dhikala area of Corbett National Park is probably the finest to observe wildlife in its natural habitat. The huge expanse of the grasslands, called “Chaurs” are the attraction of this area of the Park. The meandering Ramganga river adds to the beauty of the landscape and provides the essential water souscre to all wildlife. The reservoir forms a part of the largest man made lake to feed the Hydro electricty project at Kalagarh.
The opportunity of going on an Elephant ride for wildlife viewing is available from Dhikala besides a network of observation towers situated at the edge of the forest which are approachable by 4 Wheel Drive Jeeps. The location of the Dhikala Forest Lodge offsets its basic accommodation- though these facilities have been immensely improved – it is situated deep in the heart of the forest and wildlife can be observed can from the verandah of your room.The rooms at Dhikala have been renovated but still basic by common standards.
Dhikala Canter safari in Corbett is the best way to explore the Dhikala forest when you are staying outside the Corbett tiger reserve, touring by gypsy is not permitted in Dhikala zone during day time. However you can travel into this area by a canter which takes in 18 passengers and starts off from Ramnagar in the morning and afternoon respectively. Which canter went to Dhikala in the morning time it return to the base in afternoon, similarly afternoon canter comes back to the base in evening. These tours are called as Ramganga conducted tour and permitted by the Corbett Tiger Reserve.
As the entire periphery of the Jim Corbett National Park falls under restricted and protected area, so official permission is required to visit the core area of the tiger territory. There are two kinds of official permits issued by the government for entering into any safari zone of the park. Day visit permit (for jeep/canter safari) and Permits for night stay inside the Government forest lodges The day visit permits are required by Indian nationals as well as foreigners for entering into any tourism zone in Corbett National Park. Accommodation inside the park is possible after obtaining night stay permit that are issued by issuing authorities of Government officials.
Terms & Conditions
- Day visit to all zones are strictly regulated as per the scientifically calculated carrying capacity and only a limited number of vehicles are permitted entry during each morning and afternoon.
- Permits for day visits to the Sonanadi Ecotourism zone can be obtained from the visitor reception center located at Kotdwar.
- Visitors can also enjoy jeep rides at Bijrani and Dhikala ecotourism Zone, which is available on 'First come, first get' basis.
- Permits for day visits to other zones are available online on our website.
- Visitors are advised to acquaint themselves with gate timings and arrive well before the designated time to avoid any inconvenience.
- Private vehicles are 'not' allowed entry for tourism purposes into the park and visitors use specially designed vehicles, registered with CTR for this purpose. Day visits to the Dhikala Ecotourism Zone are permitted only through the specially designed Canter buses via Ramganga Conducted Tours.
- Our Service Charge
- Any Private Expenses